Randy Alcorn - The Treasure Principle

This is probably one of the best books I've read on topic of money, its proper use and its proper perspective. This small book helped transform my view of giving and encouraged me with an eternal perspective on how God can use our giving to do amazing things for His Kingdom purposes.
The book basically outlines 6 "Treasure Principles" we are to live by:
Treasure Principle 1: God owns everything. I'm His money manager.
Treasure Principle 2: My heart always goes where I put my money.
Treasure Principle 3: Heaven, not earth, is my home.
Treasure Principle 4: I should live not for the dot but for the line.
Treasure Principle 5: Giving is the only antidote for materialism.
Treasure Principle 6: God prospers me not to raise my standard of living, but raise my standard of giving.
"Anything we try to hang on to here will be lost.
But anything we put into God's hands will be ours for eternity."
Randy Alcorn
But anything we put into God's hands will be ours for eternity."
Randy Alcorn
This book is a must read for all Christians. These are life-changing principles that need to be learned and applied for all believers whether students or professionals. It will save you from a lot of common mistakes in dealing with money and guide you toward wise investments that will benefit you for eternity. Guaranteed. And for all you teachers and preachers out there, this book, though short, has a wealth of great points, quotes, and illustrations ... plus it's a quick read! Definately something to be read and re-read throughout our lives.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 [A must read and must have for any library]

1 Comments:
Hey Ed,
I've made more than my fair share of money mistakes in the last two years and I think it was God's way of preparing me for the present. So that I don't make the same mistakes again. I'll get this book and read it asap =)
Miss you as always,
LT
By
Anonymous, at 4:41 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home